Over the course of a few days, I have been awarded this lovely Stylish Blogger Award by SIX of you wonderful ladies!
- Jenn of Peas & Crayons
- Carrie of Moves ‘N Munchies
- Liz of I Heart Vegetables
- Jessica of Dairy Free Betty
- Rachel of Life & Me
- and Beatrix of Beagle Bea’s Blog
I am feeling the love y’all! Here’s my 7 random facts.
1. When I was little I was obsessed with the sound of high heels on tile. I can actually remember being in my stroller in the mall and perking up when I heard that noise. I tried to emulate it by walking forcefully on my tip toes for a while, to the point that my mom thought something was wrong with me!
2. I used to hate birds until I volunteered at a local wildlife rescue a couple years ago. They make you do 20 hours in the bird room (because so many people volunteer because they just want to cuddle the little furry woodland creatures), and I fell in love. I had no idea that birds had so much personality! Now I leave bird seed out back in a bird feeder and I LOVE to bird watch.
3. I have had quite a few piercings in my time. Belly button (retired), tongue (twice, retired), nose twice, labret (retired for the moment), three holes in each earlobe (one retired, two remaining), and three ear cartilage piercings (standard upper ear, rook, and tragus – thinking about retiring the tragus).
4. I think Australians have the best accents EVER.
5. I am a bit obsessed with acapella singing and wish I could sing well so I could be a part of an acapella group.
6. I named the dog we got when I was in sixth grade after a boy I had a crush on, Travis.
7. One of my best friends and I share the same middle name, our moms share the same first and middle names, and our families are both from the same parts of New Jersey, though we met in Austin. Also, a very good friend of mine, who I knew before Alex and I started dating, lived down the street from and was friends with Alex when they were children in GEORGIA. And Alex and I lived down the street from one another and apparently frequented the same bars but never met, only to meet later when we were both living in completely different parts of town.
I know I’m supposed to tag a bunch of folks, but I’m lazy and have to get back to work. If you have yet to receive this fun award, consider yourself tagged and DO IT! 🙂